Tuesday, 7 March 2017

V1522 Isaac Mizrahi Drawstring Pants



I've made up the drawstring pants from V1522 and I love them. They will probably become a TNT.  DD has cheerfully inherited the top which was way more her style than mine, but other shortish tops like my churn-out-one-or-two-a-season Simplicity 1366 work well with these pants too.

They were a trial run out of a stash chocolate brown beefy slinky knit. I think they are supposed to be cropped and finish somewhere just above the ankle, or they would if you were regular height. I am 5' nothing and this length is straight out of the packet. The droopy knit made them drop a bit. I normally start by folding out 3" out of any Vogue pant pattern.

Now to the good stuff. They are an easy sew. The pockets are applied to the fronts first which takes the most time then it's zoom zoom from there. Size Medium is a bit roomy but once again that is probably the material. The tapered shape of the leg is good - I think they are 'just so'. The instructions are good.  There will be more of these in my sewing future.








I've lightened the photos a bit. I had to pick up my tripod and run inside because it started to rain. On other matters I've been exploring the new-to-me world of Instagram as it seems to be the way of the future. It's faster, easier and would still give a record of what I've been sewing. What do you guys think of Instagram?

Val.


Stash Tally
Fabric  13 out
Fabric    3  in
Patterns  1 in

16 comments:

  1. What a bonus to find pants you don't have to shorten! They look great on you and definitely looks like a nice pattern. The eternal search for the perfect pants pattern continues for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. Pull on style pants are a good place to start. If the legs are right you can dart the waist and convert to a waistband and zip.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. They are hassle free.

      Delete
  3. What a great fit you achieved! These look very smart. IGram - I really enjoy the pics. Don't think it replaces a blog post, go goes well with. And it's great for things and topics that just don't get blogged. Like work in progress, interesting things. I would do it, but I don't have a Smart Phone! Dropbox works from a PC/laptop, but the app slowed my machine to a crawl - it stayed resident all the time, and even though I'm a computer engineer, I couldn't get it to behave in the sandbox. So I just enjoy other people's contributions. It would be a great venue for all your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco. To be honest I am disillusioned with blogging and IGram would be an alternative to having no online record of my sewing.

      Delete
  4. I love these pants! They fit you so nicely too.

    I also like instagram as a supplement to blogging, not in place of. And their recent change to an algorithm based feed has sort of ruined it for me as a sewer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KS. I am discovering that the what comes up in the IGram feed has no logic whatsoever but it's an interesting ride.

      Delete
  5. Bom dia, Calças praticas e confortáveis, a simplicidade faz a beleza.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Valerie! I just recently logged back in to Bloglovin to start reading blogs again. I have been on Instagram, though. I've found that I missed reading blog posts for more in depth info. Instagram is good for sharing quick snippets. But I often clicked through to the find the blog post. I've not been blogging much but I don't think I'll totally give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new pants too! I was one of those hesitant to use IGers and once I joined and got the swing of things I LOVE it! Don't see it replacing my blog, as the blog provides more room to journal my work. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lisa. I'll look you up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whole outfit looks terrific . I have tired instagram. It is very easy to use and quick to flick through pictures which give me much inspiration but I still like to blog . I don't feel any pressure to make my blog any other way that it is so I haven't tired of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel 'pressure to make my blog any other way' - I just sometimes wonder if all the effort is worth it.

      Delete