Sunday, 3 March 2013

Vogue 8876 Marcy Tilton dress

Hello Bloggers,

Recently, through the magic of the internet and US Post I received the new season Vogue Marcy Tilton dress pattern 8876 in my little letter box months before it will appear in the stores here.
Vogue 8876 It is swishy and surprisingly voluminous and will be good as our days cool down into Autumn.


Trying to look mysterious and inscrutable.

I'd trawled the stash to see if I had a material that would suit this pattern and found this lovely Japanese quilting backing with white dragonflies on blue background that I had been saving for just the right moment. It had been expensive but irresistable. Now was the time!

I am working from the stash as much as possible this year, only getting notions when necessary. I've perfected the art of going into Spotlight, buying a specific purchase then Not Buying Any Material.

To be honest the offerings at the moment are not that exciting. Walking in and out of Tessuti or The Fabric Shop would be much harder but they are way across town .. thankfully!

Anyway, back to this eccentric little dress. I don't usually go for Marcy Tilton's art-to-wear style as it isn't really my thing but this slightly off beat offering is.







Buttons from Spotlight's bargain bin. Total cost 60 cents! Score! I used the triangular ones.



I've done a PR review of the pattern. I was surprised to be the first one.




A couple of shots of summer rain.
By the way, I have re-activated word verification. I know it is a bit of a hassle but I was getting  so much junk. I value all genuine comments and hope you still say Hi.

Happy sewing everybody,

Val.




20 comments:

  1. Great dress Valerie. I skipped over the pattern on the website - didn't look appealing to me - I love yours - it has made me go back and re-look at this pattern! I think it might wing its way to me soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beejay. I saw it mentioned on Coco's blog . "Coco's Loft". She's on my blog roll. I would not have seen it otherwise.

      Delete
  2. That is lovely. What beautiful fabric to make into this interesting dress. It looks a tiny bit arty, but very wearable, sort of like the Japanese pattern books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a note about my art-to-wear comment. I'd probably do it if I could pull it off! The Japanese seem to scale things down to my proportions - Height wise that is!

      Delete
  3. Wow, your dress looks fantastic Valerie. The fabric is gorgeous and right on trend too. I'm off to take another look at this pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. Hey I may have started something!

      Delete
  4. Like that summer rain, your dress looks very refreshing. It was the perfect use for your special fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to see this made-up and you haven't dissapointed me! Beautifully done, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely print and gorgeous little dress! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great dress, great fabric choice!
    -Sewingelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dragonflies are perfect for you, AMD I love seeing an 'arty' pattern sewn in a more wearable way. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dress!!! That collar is so dramatic, and the fabric is perfect. Nice score on those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought that pattern too - just loved it. I'm planning a long sleeved version for autumn/winter. It looks great in that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you brave brave woman! I've been sitting on my fabric ever since I wrote my blog post! I love your dress!! a great style for you. you just look great in it. see, I'm falling all over myself - really like it on you. Oh, how awful not to be buying fabric...are you OK? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes I am fine. I should really be brave and post a photo of my stash.

      Delete
  12. Lovey fabric and lovely dress. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a couple of Tilton patterns, but have not yet sewn any of them. I really like your new dress, and I just may pick up this pattern for a cute summer dress. I look forward to following your blog and seeing what you make next :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Patty. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete